Resurface Your Pool Deck with Pavers
There are many options for resurfacing your pool deck but it's hard to beat the beauty of pavers. What you can create with pavers is almost limitless. Pavers come in several shapes and sizes and allow an installer to create some striking patterns for your pool area. In addition to the pleasing patters you can create with pavers you can also select the color of your pavers.
Pavers add so much in terms of style to your outdoor pool area not to mention the increased value it adds to your home. Elegant, beautiful, striking and gorgeous are just a few of the words people use to describe paver pool decks.
What are some of the advantages of pavers?
- Properly installed pavers will not crack (which happens with concrete surfaces) and are extremely durable.
- Because of the modular nature of pavers you can adjust your deck in the future for a new look or you can add on to extend your deck area.
- Pavers offer a non-slick surface to keep young and old sure-footed as they use the deck area.
- Underground repairs are easily accessible and allow for your deck to be replaced just like new.
- Lighter colored pavers can reflect heat and remain relatively cool to the feet.
What are some of the disadvantages of pavers?
- Pavers typically cost more than other types of pool deck surfaces.
- Color consistency is not always very uniform.
- Settling can occur over time if not installed properly.
- We recommend using pavers with beveled edges for foot comfort and to prevent tripping.
- Choose a lighter colored paver to help keep your surface cooler in those hot summer months.
Here is a video to show an examples of what a paver pool deck can look like.